Exit your company like a pro
Get the deal done in comfort, even if you have no prior equity sale experience
YOUR EXIT CHALLENGE:
The equity sale process itself will increase or decrease the final price and influence terms
The price and other terms in a private company sale are always negotiated. How well you prepare, present and negotiate your deal will have a big impact on the final price you get.
- many owners grow their equity value for years, only to lose a big part of it during a poorly prepared and executed equity sale process
- by preparing and running your deal professionally, you will achieve a better valuation and deal terms, and you will be much more comfortable during the whole process
- when you use pro systems and tools during the deal preparation and execution, you will negotiate better price, payment terms and other deal conditions, including seller's representations and warranties you will have to provide to the buyer(s)
Hire the right deal adviser - or do it yourself, if you have the required skills and time
Selecting your equity deal adviser is one of the most important deal decisions. I don't know if I am the right guy for you, so check out my site, and contact me to find out.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT AND GET FROM ME
If you choose me, and if I choose you, this is what you get, per the scope we agree:
Before we start I need to fully understand your goals and we need to agree detailed terms. Once we decide to work together, I deliver the services we agreed: from short projects to full deal management. All services include business, strategic, and financial analyses & recommendations, as well as owner and team coaching & training for maximum results.
THREE WAYS WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
If you have specific quick questions, you can pick my brains by hour (personal meetings) or even a call-by-minute (contact me for details).
If you have a clearly defined task we can work in a project mode. Suitable for pitch deck preparation, deal terms analysis, or any other well-defined task.
If you want a full deal preparation & management, let's agree detailed scope, roles, timing, deliverables, pricing, and let's go for it!
FULL DEAL SCOPE TYPICALLY INCLUDES:
- analysis of the company, owners' goals, and potential deal (size, terms, timing, feasibility)
- creation of financial projections (MS Excel) at the required standards of the target investors, business plan summary write-up, business valuation
- preliminary deal structuring, design of company or equity sale strategy and scenarios (Plan A, B, C)
- creation of presentation docs (teaser, pitch deck), your elevator pitch and strategy
- creation of a list of target investors (50-100)
- preparation of deal team, roles, timeline, communication and information systems & tools, internal and external communication strategy, and preparation of your entire team (owners & relevant team members) for the deal execution
- marketing to longlisted investors, collection of Expressions of Interest from interested investors
- analyses of proposed terms, recommendations & assistance to owners in the Shortlist selection
- delivery of information package to shortlisted investors, conf. calls, collection of investment offers
- analyses of offers recommendations & assistance to owners during selection of a preferred investor
- negotiations and signing of detailed Term Sheet
- preparation and coordination of due diligence
- business and financial negotiations of transaction documents, coordination of teams and process
- coordination of signing, closing and post-closing steps
At all stages you and your team will get a detailed guidance from me. I will explain in detail all deal aspects, tasks, risks, requirements and scenarios, so that you have all available information to make the best decisions.
Every company, its owners and its situation is unique, so contact me to talk about YOUR DEAL and how you can achieve YOUR GOALS as quickly and easily as possible.
UNIQUE BENEFITS YOU GET WITH ME
My professional skills and experience are the base which you can rely on. Many other advisers also have them, and I consider them the minimum every adviser should deliver.
What makes me unique are my personal values and ethics focused on you and your goals, my passion to give you as much training as you & your team can take, and systems approach.
You get all my entrepreneurial experience and skills on your side to improve how your business works to maximise the results for you.
Coaching & Training
To make good deal decisions you need to understand all aspects of the deal fully - I take special care to make sure you get all the info you need.
Equity deals are a complex system of parties, scenarios, legal terms, risks, options and cash impacts - I maximise their benefits to you.
My skills, values approach may, or may not be interesting or valuable to you and your deal.
If they are, I will be happy to speak with you how to get the best results for you: